From the desk of Jack Zangari
It is definitely time for a new voice on Newmarket Council representing the forgotten ward - Ward 3. My promise to you, the electorate, is first of all, to attend all meetings humanly possible - I pledge a 100% COMMITMENT.
- I lived in Ward 3 for more than 30 years and I KNOW the residents and concerns they have. I owned a business and spent my career as a businessman who is now retired and ready to work tirelessly to address the concerns and issues facing Ward 3. I pledge to serve FULL-TIME and I will keep the concerns of Ward 3 residents at top of mind - ALWAYS.
- I do not support taxing residents $100 per year for the next 30 years to build a park in Ward 6 that Ward 3 residents will not use. Newmarket must remain an AFFORDABLE PLACE to live and tax dollars must be used efficiently and that tax increases should be kept below inflation. I believe investment is needed in the Huron Heights, Glen Cedar, Bray Circle, Leslie Valley, Bayview Heights, Meadowbrook and Harry Walker areas. My focus will be delivering results for Ward 3.
- Ward 3 is facing many challenges. The much-ballyhooed town official off-leash dog park is only half finished. In talking with residents and dog owners, this off-leash park is crying out loudly for NIGHT LIGHTS, so dog lovers can take their favourite pooch out for a walk on a warm night under the lights in safety.
- Very little investment has come from the town into Ward 3 in the last 10 years. We need a Councillor who will speak up for Ward 3! It is time to deliver RESULTS for a CHANGE
- Do you realize as a resident of Ward 3, there is only ONE town-owned facility north of Davis Drive and located in your midst? That's right, the aging Hollingsworth Arena, slated by the town to be demolished in the near future and sold for a condo. I propose that any developer of housing/condo units not be granted or sold these lands and this site be made into a Community Hub that can be utilized by surrounding residents
- Rest assured that with Jack Zangari as your representative for Ward 3 on council, you will be able to sleep at night knowing that I will work tirelessly on your behalf! I have the knowledge of Ward 3; I have the experience to do the job RIGHT; I have been involved in Newmarket for over 40 years; I am willing to show up and put in the effort; and, finally, I wouldn't be running if I didn't love this town, ward and community. Together, I just want to serve my community and make WARD 3 BETTER FOR YOU!